Author Topic: Running out of data  (Read 23677 times)

Jonn

• Administrator
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • Footpath Maps
Running out of data
« on: May 07, 2012, 10:21:09 pm »
I noticed when I used the site tonight that the site is hitting it's quota of free data. Ordnance Survey only let me display a fixed number of map tiles a day and now, due to site popularity, I'm hitting it.
I'm sorry but there's nothing I can do about this, to buy an unlimited amount of daily data from OS costs lots. My advice is if you need some maps then get up early and get them  ;)

wcw1966

Re: Running out of data
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 04:47:51 pm »
Hi Jonn,

First time I've tried to use the site. It's unfortunate that, due to the Ordnance Survey restriction, your apparently popular site has run out of data, again. Is there any chance you could publish the daily time you run out of data on your front page (just show "data last ran out" date & time)?

Thinking ahead... I haven't managed to access the data so I don't really know... if Ordnance Survey (cruelly) restrict say each website to the amount of OUR (sic) data we can access daily, maybe there will be some way you can enable us all to download a personal web page (+ sufficient data to 'auto' register if that's required with OS) and all get a personal data allowance!     

Jonn

• Administrator
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • Footpath Maps
Re: Running out of data
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 07:34:32 pm »
Hi Thanks for the message, sorry for the delay in replying.
Thanks for the suggestions, the first one is certainly doable, but not so sure about the second one. OS T&C do not allow duplicate websites either which is a pain.